No time for working out? (Excuses!) The least you could do is to maintain a minimally healthy and fit body right?
Yea yea, everyone is busy with the mundane things of life. Going to work in the morning and going home at end of the day leave you tired and not have time to think of exercising anymore to be healthy. You just want to have a nice dinner, watch television, hit that soft bed and get a good night’s sleep. And wake up again for another day of doing the same mundane things. And so on.
It is then important to maximize what little time you can manage to steal to get a good workout if you want to sculpt your arm muscles and get that girl you are eyeing to notice you next time you have a chance to rub elbows. Why not check on these simple and basic hacks to get to your goal.
- Be mentally strong. That means making sure you commit a number of minutes (c’mon we’re not even talking about hours here!) per week to sculpting and toning your arms.
- Do frequent workouts. It is not enough to have total body workout that are scheduled on weekends only. Three times a week of working out is good. This allows you to have your body’s needed rests in between days and gives your body time to recover to build those sought after muscles. Have varying exercises and equipment for each time as well and you will see good results.
- Do 3-12 reps. Your arm muscles feel most challenged and grow the quickest when you do at least 3 reps.
- Have different weights of dumbbells to work on as your triceps do not have the same strength as your biceps. Have those dumbbells readily available for you to pick up. When your muscles get tired after about 12 reps then you know that you are holding on to the right dumbbell weight. Just make sure to adjust the weight of the dumbbells according to the strength you are building up.
- Since time is of the essence for a busy person like you and you want to get over with your workout as soon as possible, you might also want to experiment on your speed. Make sure though that you are not rushing your reps. You can try moving slow to hit on targeted muscles. Lift quickly and then slowly. You can also pause in the middle of lifting.
- Of course we know that not everyone can afford the luxury of time for dumbbells so we highly recommend exercise dips. You can easily do these in your office right before lunch and right after lunch. Use your table or your chair as the balancer. Remember to tighten your abs, tuck your glutes, and lower your body by bending your arms thereby working your triceps.
- Which brings us to closed hands push ups. Again, this is something you can easily do every alternate day before you take your morning shower and also before your dinner. This exercise is great because not only does it work your arms, your shoulders, chest and abs get worked out too. Now, think you’ve always been doing push ups right? Think again, watch this video for the posture you need to maintain:
- Finally some cross jumps would do wonders for your arms.Stand with your feet apart and around shoulder length wide with your arms by your sides. Start your jump with your arms fanning upwards forming an “X” shape at the top of your jump. As you land, make sure you bend your knees ever so slightly to protect them and cushion your landing. Trying doing this for 1 minute and gun for as many as you can. This again, is suitable for the time pressed man that you are as you can easily do this during lunch breaks. It’s just a minute c’mon!
- Eating a well-balanced diet rich in essential fats and low in sweets will also help you in achieving your goal. This will make you shed body fats and will make it easy for the toned muscles to be visible. You are sure to get attention from your friends. This is a good indication too that you are succeeding.
You can also try doing exercises with a friend who has the same goal as you. This will help you get motivated. This also makes exercises a lot more fun and exciting. Boredom can be prevented and you will surely do everything as scheduled if you have someone doing things with you.
Incorporate discipline in your workouts so you will be able to get the result you want in no time. Remember that your success depends greatly on your will power to see and get the results you want. It is important to be consistent in meeting up with your schedule for the exercises for your goal to be achieved. These simple and practical hacks can do wonders in achieving your goal of having sculpted arm muscles.